Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] dhwanitdesai@gmail.com is offline

Default Unicode characters problem in MailMerge using Excel

Hey...

I'm having problem displaying double-byte characters using mail merge
functionality. In my application, we're using Excel sheet as a
datasource for a word template document. We open a datasource using
OpenDatasource method. But when spreadsheet column has a double-byte
characters in its data, in Word document, when we merge the field, it
displays lots of "?" instead.

Data is being displayed fine in spreadsheet.

Also, when I manually open a datasource from a word for the same
spreadsheet and then merge fields, data is perfect. It doesn't display
garbages....

Any ideas/suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks,
- Dhwanit