Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Two columns, need text to 'wrap' page-to-page in own column?

Column layout in Word refers to newspaper-type columns, and that's the way
they *should* behave What you want to look into is the use of a 2-column
Table, although other options may surface here as well.

Quite frankly, though, unless you have a good deal more knowledge of how
Word works than your query might lead one to assume you might do well to
consider using a capable page layout/desktop publishing program for this
type of job.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/14/07 9:36 PM, in article
, "Thesis guy" Thesis
wrote:

I must write a thesis in a C & C (Compare and Contrast) format. I have set
up a Word document with two columns; here is my problem. As I make discovery
about one side of my subject - I need the text to wrap to the next page and
yet stay only its respective column. Then I could return at a later date
with the comparison subject and place the text in the proper corresponding
position. Any help would be greatly appreciated.