Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LikeRobin LikeRobin is offline

Default How do I insert a number line graph into an MS Word document?

Fantastic!!! This is just what I wanted.

Thanks so much.

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

We have an AppNote (i.e., a tutorial) on our website showing how to do
it with Equation Editor. MathType is better for it, because you can
save the number lines to MathType's toolbar to re-use, but everything
in the AppNote (except for the first pictogram with the bells and
airplanes) is possible with Equation Editor.

http://www.dessci.com/en/support/mat...ts/default.htm

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

"Peter A" wrote:

In article says...
I am writing a math test. I have the equation editor to insert
equations into my MS Word document. Now, though, I want
to insert a number line. Other than drawing it in the drawing
editor, is there a way to plug in values into Excel
and generate a number line graph?

Just use the Microsoft Graph object (Insert, Object, MS
Graph object). You get a basic spreadsheet for your values
and a chart with reasonable, if not extensive, customization
options.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers

Thanks so much for this response. I'll go take a look, but what
I'm wanting is a single line like at
http://hotmath.com/images/gt/lessons...umber_line.gif

Can I generate that?