Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nodules Nodules is offline

Default missing icons

I ran Windows Installer Utility Cleanup to get rid of a re-occuring
DocumentViewer.MSI error message. Now all Office files are no longer
associated with the appropriate icon. When I select a file that was
previously a Word document, it does not open. If I go to the Winword.exe
file and run Word I can open the document. If I start a new document and
save it, it also does not appear with the Word Icon and cannot be opened
without first running Winword and going to the file.

To top it off, I do not have the original disks for the computer to reload
Office. Any thoughts?