Steve

Thanks, Jay!

Steve

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Hi Steve,

The answer to #2 is also the best answer to #1: Click at the beginning
of the selection, use the scroll bar (or the mouse wheel if you have
one) to bring the end into view, and hold the Shift key while you
click there. The speed-scrolling has been brought under control
(finally!) in Word 2002/2003.

To make a non-contiguous selection -- again, only in 2002/2003 -- hold
the Ctrl key while you add pieces after the first.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:42:38 GMT, "Steve" wrote:

A couple of questions -------

1. When I highlight something in a doc and try to extend the highlight

down
past the bottom of the screen, the doc goes flying by to the bottom of

the
doc. How can I control the speed of highlighting a portion of the doc

below
the bottom of the screen?

2. Is there a way to highlight one line, scroll down the doc and click

on a
line to have everything between the highlighted line and the click point
become highlighted?

3. Is there a way to highlight non-contiguous parts of a doc? ie,

highlight
some lines, do something, scroll down and highlight some more lines and
leave the lines in-between unhighlighted.

Thanks!

Steve