Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Word 2007:Continuous numbering in header, section numbering in foo

Actually, for what you want (or at least I think you want), you do not need
to unlink the H&Fs. All you need to do is put the Pages X of Y fields in the
Header and the section pages of section field in the footer.

The header will display something like: Page 66 of 128
The footer will display something like: Page 19 of Section 3

Is that what you need?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"wjprice" wrote in message
Help! I would like to have page numbering in both the header and the
footer.
But, the numbering should NOT be linkied together. The header will
contain
a continuous numbering of ALL pages in the document. The footer will
contain
only the numbering for the section(s).