IslandKatz IslandKatz is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Spell Checker is missing words

I've searched this forum for an answer to my specific question and have had no luck.

I have a 350-page book that I'm editing, and even though I have no options selected to ignore words in caps or words with numbers in them, Word's spell checker is missing things. Just ordinary words. I don't have Word set to ignore anything at all - I want to see everything that it finds. Only, it finds some words and not others. I even tried to find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared\Tools\ Proofing Tools\1.0\Override to see if that was the problem, and it didn't exist on my machine.

I need to know if there is any other spell checking tool that is not part of Word or any Microsoft applications/tools that anyone has had success with. I even downloaded some spell checking software that was supposed to be the cat's PJs with Word docs (Ginger spell checker), only Word wouldn't even open while the software was on my computer, so I had to uninstall it.

I'm really disgusted with Word's spell checker and cannot trust it. And reading a 350-page document over and over looking for errors gets really old. My eyes miss things. That's what spell checker is supposed to be for. I'm on the third edition of this book, and it's really embarrassing.

Thanks in advance,
IslandKatz