WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to I print only non-blank fields in Mail Merge?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with that. Here's how you can print only non-blank fields in Mail Merge using Word 2003:
  1. Open your merged document in Word 2003.
  2. Click on "View" in the menu bar and select "Print Layout" to ensure that you are in the correct view.
  3. Click on "Tools" in the menu bar and select "Letters and Mailings" and then "Mail Merge".
  4. In the Mail Merge task pane, select "Filter" and then "Customize".
  5. In the "Customize Address List" dialog box, select the field that you want to filter by from the "Field" drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Comparison" drop-down menu, select "Not Blank".
  7. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
  8. Click "OK" again to close the "Filter and Sort" dialog box.
  9. Click "Preview Results" in the Mail Merge task pane to see the filtered results.
  10. If you are satisfied with the results, click "Finish and Merge" and then select "Print Documents" to print only the non-blank fields.

That's it! I hope this helps you print only the records you need.