Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Munchichic

Default How do you type the power of in word? algebra

Have you tried using the Superscript option? For whatever power you need,
literally type it next to the digit. For exampe, for (2x2) you would type
"22" for (2x3) type "23" and so on. Highlight the digit that symbolizes the
power (the 2nd digit) and go to Format, then Font, then click Superscript. I
hope that's what you were looking for. Good luck!

"jcclin" wrote:

I'm trying to type in word using algebra figures example the power of 2 ex:
(2x2)=4 (2x2x2)=8 (2x2x2x2)=16 I know theres a way where I can show it as
2 with a smaller 2 to the right at the top of the other 2 but I don't know
how or where the command is. It will let you do the power of 2 using simbols
but theres not 3,4,5....