Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BobLitwack BobLitwack is offline

Default Find & Replace Stops Working

That may just be it. I use some macros I wrote to search for and
delete some characters in a particular font. I should re-write those
and clear the special formatting before I end the macro.

I'll let you know if it works. Thanks.

Bob Ltiwack

Lene Fredborg wrote:
In the Find dialog box, have you tried clicking the More button and checked
whether one or more of the check box options are turned on?
Also make sure that no formatting is applied to the "Find what" field (click
the No Formatting button to remove it).

Note that the settings in the Find and Replace dialog box may change even if
you do not change them manually. For example, this may happen if you run a
macro that use the Find and Replace functionality if the macro does not
"clean up" after itself.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"BobLitwack" wrote:

I've been using Word 2000 on a up to date Dell running Windows XP
Professional for quite a long time with no problems. All of a sudden
if I've used Find and Replace once or twice, it stops working
correctly. By that I mean it does not "find" what it is searching for
even though it is there to be found. I've carefully typed and re-typed
the search, cut and pasted and even had it search for the letter "e".
Nothing. If I exit and restart Word (not just that document - I have
to exit the entire application) it works again for one or two instances
and then stops again. While this isn't major it is a pain.

Any suggestions?

Bob Litwack