Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mailmerge multiple lines (invoice etc)

That would amount to a "multiple items per condition (=key field)" mailmerge
which Word does not really have the ability to do,

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Andrew Kennard" wrote in message
Hi all

At some point in the near future the application we are writing will need
to call/automate/workwith Word for the creation of invoices etc

I understand the basic mailmerge stuff and it is quite easy to put an
address block in etc.

But what do people do when they want to merge in an invoice style block
where they do not know howmany "lines" there will be ?

Does anyone out there use Word for invoices ? if so how do you deal with
say the four columns Item Description, Qty, Price, Total. As one invoice
could be a single line and another could be 20 or more ... even two pages.

Obviously I could setup masses of merge fields and have a fixed size
records but this seems too limiting.

I need my application to be 'in charge' so don't really want to go down
the VB script route to automate Word but this is not out of the question
so long as my app knows what was going on and VB could get at te SQL data
in a realitivly complex relational database without miles of code

Thanks in advance for any tips

Kind Regards

Andrew