Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Owl1 Owl1 is offline

Default Word Clipboard Toolbar Always Docks Itself

In the past several weeks, I've tried to solve this problem in other ways,
and am getting nowhere. Every single new document I open displays with the
Clipboard toolbar in docked position, so once I drag it down so I can see the
12 cells and use it in one document, this doesn't carry over to other
documents, already opened or not. I have to drag the Clipboard toolbar to
undock it _in every single document_ to get it to float there. Since I use
this feature many times every day, this is a real hassle. If anyone can help,
I'd surely appreciate it!

"Owl1" wrote:

I hope somebody can solve this. I use Word 2000 (9.0, 3821 SR-1) and use the
*floating* Clipboard toolbar a lot in my work. Somehow - I don't know how -
the Clipboard toolbar now docks itself automatically, so that every time I
close and reopen Word, and then press Ctrl-C twice to display the Clipboard
toolbar, it appears docked above the formatting toolbar. I then have to drag
it down beside my document to see and use its 12 cells. Since I have to do
this again and again, this is getting old!

I've tried Detect & Repair, and have scoured the internet for a solution,
without luck. I found someone who told people how to get Word 2000 to dock
its Clipboard toolbar *permanently* by going to Control Panel Accessibility
Options and click on "Show extra keyboard help in program". That box isn't
checked.

I have tried installing a backup copy I made of Word's normal.dot, in case
this has been corrupted, but this didn't help, either.

Thanks very much for any suggestions!