Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ART ART is offline

Default Word disappears

Thanks Suzanne, I'll give it a try when I get back in the office.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See €œWD: Word Quits Unexpectedly When Selecting a Document from the Windows
Taskbar€
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555169

"Art" wrote in message
A follow up.

It just happened again. The user had Word open, but sitting minimized.

She
went into e-mail and was composing a message. e-mail does use Word as its
editor. She minimized the message she was working on and emptied her

deleted
items. Word disappeared. She called me at that point.

I went over and checked task manager. Word was there as a process. I

didn't
kill it. She started Word again and opened a document to demonstrate to

me
what happens. She closed the document, not the application, but the
application closed. She again restarted Word. I looked at the Windows

menu
item and found the e-mail she had been working on as a second document.

I then spent 5 minutes or so trying unsuccessfully to re-create the

problem.
Naturally I couldn't.

Any ideas?