Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
scubamunda scubamunda is offline

Default how do i add one document to another.

Jim,

First, go to the spot in the document you want to insert the second file.
Create a section break (this will allow you to keep your headers) by going to
Insert --Break and select any of the options to create a Section break.

Then insert the new document into the first by selecting File from the
Insert Menu.

You may need to go into your headers and footers and de-activate the "Link
to Previous" option if the headers change. Then you can use the second set of
headers for this section of the document.
--
Scubamunda

"jim" wrote:

I want to add a document to the end or beginning of another document. These
documents have varying footers/headers and I want to make sure all of it is
kept correct when I do the adding.