Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Harvard Referencing

Word doesn't really have any built-in support for the Harvard
style of references. There are some good third-party
bibliography programs such as Endnote, Reference Manager, and
ProCite that support this function within Word, but they are
somewhat expensive and have a somewhat steep learning curve. In
my humble opinion, they don't save you *that* much time when
you're dealing with only 50-100 references, even if you are
proficient with the software. If I were you, I would just create
a blank page at the end of your paper and start listing cited
references alphabetically there. By the time you're done, the
references list might be 6 or 7 pages long, but that's not so
hard to navigate through to add/edit/delete references.

peter wrote:
We have just been shown at college how to use it and i will probably have no
more than between 50-100, from a range of sources such as books, journals and
the internet. just wondered if there was an easy way to keep track as i was
going along rather than trying to add them all when i finished, which could
be several weeks later.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

Depends on whether you know what Harvard referencing is, and
whether you have 10 references or 1,000 references.

peter wrote:

What is the easiest way to use Harvard Referencing in Word.