Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.newusers
sid derra sid derra is offline

Default Word 2002 - slow with large documents

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in message
[...]
The biggest issue you are facing are probably your excel obejcts. If you
really inserted them through Insert | Object, that is "expensive" in terms
of size and speed.

i am with you on that. they were pasted with paste special excel object.
so yea, they probably are what overwhelms my little friend here, along with
what you pointed out next.

I would suspect that the prime factor you are so much slower now than at
home is -- RAM. 2 Gig is really nice, halve of one is not something I
would want to face with a large document. I have no idea about the
feasibility to add more RAM to your laptop, but it might be worth it.

im not sure, but i think that the 512gb max out my mobo pretty much. i
should be done with the work by the end of the week, so i'll just work
around the whole annoyance.

Try working in Normal View, this can help a lot.

it in fact did sem to make it a little better - but just a bit.

HTH
Robert

thanks much!
sid