Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Obenshain Beth Obenshain is offline

Default How to do footer "Page X of Y" where Y=sections 2-Z

I want a footer that says "Page X of Y" in a document that has multiple
sections. The first section is a cover page and TOC, so I don't want those
pages included in the count.

The document is being used as a template, so the number of sections may
vary. The section breaks are necessary because some pages are portrait while
others are landscape.

I know about using {SECTIONPAGES} and I'm hoping there's a similar field
that will give the specific results I'm looking for. I'll really appreciate
any advice I can get! Thanks!