Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default Opening 2007 word files on a computer using microsoft 2000

Although Gordon won't agree with me, I think that's an excellent analogy. I
remember having to call scrapyards to find parts for some of the cars I
drove.

(Gordon - Please don't take offense. None is meant.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
So do you think the same of car manufacturers when the bring out a new
model with all different parts and then after 5 years they stop making
spare parts? Should they - for example - give a firmware upgrade to the
all the in car players so that they are able to play MP3 format? Should
Sony give me a firmware upgrade for my old analogue TV set to enable it to
work with Digital TV because analogue TV has been switched off? I think
not. Very few companies continue to make/support something that they
ceased producing almost 10 years ago.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Gordon" wrote in message
Graham Mayor wrote:
Microsoft has discontinued support for 2000 and 97.

Now I wonder why they would introduce a new format of document with a new
version of Office? (Cynicism cynicism)....it's this type of arrogant
behaviour that makes MS look like the tyrannical monopoly it is - no
thought for anything other than to get it's victims, er, sorry,
/customers/, to pay for a new Office suite....