Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default HELP! Un-editable Carriage Returns in Footnotes

You can't "delete" a footnote separator. You can only edit it.

The paragraph marks you can't delete are the marks marking the ends of footnotes.

You need to find in the text the places where there are footnotes even if (somehow)
their reference-numbers have disappeared.

On Sunday, November 5, 2017 at 1:10:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Not working for me - been to draft view, deleted the footnote separator and still have a paragraph mark before, after and even sometimes in the middle and when I try to delete them it tells me its an invalid request