Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Default My Documents folder

Not really. It would create a further folder rather than a shortcut to the
original.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
But answering Yes to the original dialog would accomplish the same
thing.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
No!

Right click the desktop. Select New *Shortcut* - not folder. Browse
to the My Documents folder.

MikeR wrote:
++++Jack++++ wrote:
Win 98 SE..

Awhile back I took the “My Documents” folder off my desktop..

I now want to have a “My Documents” folder on my desktop..

Have found a “My Documents” folder at C:\ , but when I try to
move it to the desktop I get the following dialog box.

How can I get the / or a “My Documents” folder on my desktop???
thanks Jack

Right click on the desktop, select "New", select "Folder", name it
MyDocuments. You'll need to copy everything out of the official
MyDocuments. MikeR