Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Default Mail merge .. . If Then Else

Hi Doug,

Since there's no spaces in the test condition or true/false results, the field works equally well with no quote characters:
{IF{MERGEFIELD PatientCode \*Upper} = XX @}

Another potential issue is whether the 'PatientCode' field contains exactly 'XX' - no more & no less. The OP said "As part of the
testing i have printed to screen Value X to confirm it contains the data for the condition to be met". That's only one 'X'. Or is
'Value X' the name of a/the field?

Cheers

--
macropod