Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ben Ben is offline

Default Printing with no margins (footer)

I misclicked the helpful comment... no this does not work and is not helpful.

You're failing to see the point here.... this is a FOOTER (a line of
information placed at the end of a page for purposes of identification), NOT
a paragraph, as I've been stating all along.

As detailed as it is in the images, the images state 'exactly' whats
happening when attempting to print to the printer.

Regardless, I've printed to an adobe pdf and it printed fine (as I noted in
the first photo, what it 'should' look like). However, when I go to PRINT TO
A PRINTER it displays (ie. the second image I provided). Both Word and Adobe
print exactly what it looks like in the second image.

I've figured the issue is with the printer itself and does not support
bleeding. So, I'll have to purchase one that does.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Instead of changing the margins, format the paragraphs in the footer so that
they have a negative right and left indent equal to the setting of the
margins.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ben" wrote in message
I've given this a try, but then it reformats (removes all margins) my
entire
document and I don't like that.

I have a Brother DCP-110C

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:01:01 -0700, Ben
wrote:

Need some help printing a document with footers. When I go to print the
footers are printed with margins (side / bottom). What I like it to do
is
print the footer the entire width of the page.

Word displays the footer the correct way,
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6...rdfinalol8.png

but when I go to print preview and printing, it displays incorrectly
with
margins
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/50/prevfootko3.png

This is forced by your printer. Unless you have a photo printer or
something
like that, which can print all the way to the edge of the paper, you'll
always
have an unprintable margin.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm for
details.