Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default "Same as previous" doesn't stay set

We are not using different first page or different odd and even. Just one
header and footer per section.

Stefan Blom wrote:
Each section can have up to three different headers (and three different
footers): a first page, an odd page, and an even page; this is the case if
you select "Different first page" and "Different odd and even" in Page
Setup. Whenever a section contains more than one header (footer), each type
must be unlinked separately.

I know my description had a lot of detail, but I may have left something
unclear. We want "same as previous" OFF in the front matter. We TURN IT

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
dependency
could be, or what would change the setting we used?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN