Here's my "Long Documents" list: g

How to save yourself hours by using Outline View properly
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingOLView.htm

Working with sections
Or: Why Word appears to behave so illogically when you delete or move a
section break
Or: How to preserve section formatting when pasting between documents
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

How is it possible to copy an entire document into another document without
bringing across the header and footer?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...ectionInfo.htm

How can I create a landscape section and still have a portrait page number?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

How to set up a document with front matter numbered separately
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

Improving the Bottom Line: Toward a more uniform page length
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BottomLine.htm

Why do my footnotes sometimes end up on a different page from their
references in the text?
Or: I don't want my footnotes broken and continued on the next page; I want
the whole footnote on the same page. How do I do that?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...OnDiffPage.htm

I have a footnote reference in a column, and I want the footnote to span
both columns. Is this possible?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...panColumns.htm

I want the numbers in my footnotes not to be superscripted, and I want the
numbers to be followed by a dot and a tab

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...scptFnotes.htm

How to create a table of contents in Microsoft Word
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html

Microsoft TOC Training Course for Word 2003 only (Part 1)
http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC011356771033

TOC Training Course Part 2
http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC011525811033

Customizing your table of contents with switches
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm

How can I include just part of a paragraph in my table of contents?
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/RunInSidehead.htm

Whenever I update my Table of Contents it acquires unwanted tabs, and I have
to press Ctrl+Q to get rid of them
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCJasonTabs.htm

Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents

How can I automatically generate an index in Word?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/CreateIndex.htm

How to create a glossary
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/glossary/glossary.html

Word 2002 Legal Users Guide

How does Track Changes in Microsoft Word work?
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
Some of the other articles (since I have them compiled, at least some):

***Styles & Templates***

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...sOnStyles.html
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/HeaderFooter.htm (very basic)

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...singOLView.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart1.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...thSections.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ingStyles.html

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html

***Other Useful Links***

http://home.zebra.net/~sbarnhill/AutoCorrect.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Numbering/CreateIndex.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...OnDiffPage.htm

http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BottomLine.htm

http://home.zebra.net/~sbarnhill/index.htm

Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents

***Master Documents***

Why Master Documents corrupt:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...ocsCorrupt.htm

How to recover a Master Document:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...MasterDocs.htm

Steve Hudson on how to make Master Documents work safely:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ma...dhomepage.html

On 1/14/05 3:49 PM, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You might have a look at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart2.htm. There

are
quite a few other articles at the Word MVP site that deal with

long-document
issues such as footnotes, sections, outline view, page numbering, TOCs,

etc.
There is also a Word newsgroup devoted to long documents
(microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs).

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/