Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
David Gibbons

Default Fitting text into a page without overflowing

Many thanks for pointing me to the Web site. I have tried two of the methods
suggested - one to compress the text 0.1 pt and the other "shrink to fit".
Both seem to do the trick. Thanks. David

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm

so
all may benefit.

"David Gibbons" wrote in message
.. .
I frequently edit a small magazine using Word XP. Sometimes a short

one-page
article will overflow (one line maybe) onto the next page.
Trial-and-error
with character spacing, font percentage etc usually allows it to fit all

on
the same page but is there an easier way?
David