Lost Dictionary

Default I can't perform a spell check & cannot locate the Dictionary

I cannot perform a spell check in Word 2003 and there is no wavery line under
wrong spellings. I cannot locate the dictionary, even the "Dictionary" on the
tool bar is in a light gray colour and nothing happens when I click it. I
have tried repairing, re-installing, uninstalling and then re-installing,
then twiddled with "custom dictionary" and the check boxes that I have to
check or ncheck as the help page directed, nothing works. Help please?