Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.vba.general

Default How can I have multiple columns but footnotes across entire page

There's no built-in way to do this in Word, but see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...panColumns.htm

"resonator80" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to have a document with 3 columns. I have some footnotes,
and I would like to have these take up the entire width of the
document. At present the footnotes appear at the bottom of each column,
with the result that the columns end up different lengths.

Ideally, all columns would be the same length and all footnotes for
each page would take up the full width of the document.

Thanks,
Bill Edelstein
Schenectady, NY