Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Carl Bentz Carl Bentz is offline

Default Document with multiple tables, form fields, bookmarks and calculat

I am trying to create a general "estimate" document for service advisors to
complete for their customers. Two of five tables (Tables 1 and 2) would
simply contain text form fields to simplify data entry. Two more of the
tables (Tables 3 and 4) would/could include multiple lines that would include
calculations (sum and percentage of) and both might need to have additional
rows added, if more options for service/repair work was required. One final
table would be an overview that calculated a subtotal, miscellaneous (a % of
calculation), a sales tax calculation and a grand total. The subtotal and
Miscellaneous items would be taken from Tables 3 and 4. - The users are
currently working with Word 2000. My development work is in Word 2003 at
present. -
Question 1. Is it possible to add additional rows to a table and have the
form field definitions be retained in the added rows?
Question 2. Can these calculations be done without resorting to a "button"
and VBA to initiation the math? [I did find an Update option that did the
calculations with individual tables, but could not get the information from
one table to another to work.]
Question 3. Can you tell me more about using Bookmarks and cell names in
order to refer to one or more cells in other tables in order to make
calculations - for example create a sum from a "totals" cell in Table 3 and a
"totals" cell in Table 4.
Thank you in advance for any ideas and assistance.