Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

Default .doc files not asssociated with Word 2007

"Nathan Hopper" Nathan wrote in message
After I upgraded to Office 2007, when I try to open a .doc file by
clicking
that particular file, or from an email attachment, it is not recognized as
word file. When I click on the file directly, it brings up a window to
assign a program for that file and the only option it lists is notepad.
When
I click on an email attachment it says " Application Not Found". However
if
I open word first, then use FileOpen, I can open the file fine. How do I
get Word to automatically open the file or email attachments?

Right-click on a doc file, choose "Open With", make sure the box at the
bottom "Always open with...." is checked and browse to Word 2007.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level