Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andy Chan

Default Can string operators be used?

Dear all,

I want to perform a mail merge like this.

I have an Excel file with personal information of customers and want to
export it as Word documents and print it. One of the items to be exported is
called "Account_Number" (A string with 10 characters) . However, I only want
the first 5 characters to be shown on the document. What can I do to the
mergefield? Can I use some sort of functions like Left(Account_Number, 5) as
in Excel? I don't want to modify the Excel file if possible. Thanks in
advance!

Best Regards,
Andy