Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default how to create right alignment

You can set this up with tabs: you'll need a center-aligned tab for
the equation and a right-aligned tab for the equation number. See:

WD2000: How to Insert a Right-Aligned Caption Next to an Equation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/212381/en-us

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lamb Chop" wrote in message
I would like to write in this way.

tab some equation some space
equation number

Requirement: The equation starts from the first left tab.

and then after some space , I list the equation number. The lenght

of the
equation number varies The trick I would like to see is this number

is
right aligned.

The style is similar to the table of contents.
The page number always aligns by the last digit.

thanks