Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hans hans is offline

Default "Restart Numbering" messes with style-controlled indents

I am working on a doc with numbered (outline) Headings. When I click Restart
Numbering on a Heading number, Word completely changes my style-driven
indents (both First Line and Hanging). If I re-set the indents for a given
heading style, Word thanks me by reverting back to the initial, incorrect
numbering. The problem occurs whether I right-click and re-set or if I go
into the Numbering dialog box and set the number to 1.

I am using standard Word headings, i.e., Heading 1, 2, etc.

I tried to search this forum, but came up short...

Thanks...