Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Tracking changes - author colour colour changing

Are you saying that the changes you make today are in a different color from
yesterday's (a lot of users would like to figure out how to do that!) or
just that both old and new are a different color today? If the latter, then
this still comes under Stefan's original statement; it would appear that
Word just wakes up in a different mood some days.

http://word.mvps.org

"bradsmih" wrote in message
Thank you for your response Stefan. I understand what you say, however
this
does not resolve my problem. If I amend a document and track the
changes -
they display in red, I then save it and re-open the doc the next day and
my
tracked changes are all displayed in blue. No-one else makes any amends
the document. It's a bit odd. What are your thoughts?
--
bradsmih

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

When the colors are assigned "By author" you make sure that different
users
never have the same color, but you can't control which color is actually
being chosen by Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bradsmih" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007, my track changes are set to change by "Author".
When
track changes in a document they appear in red, no-one else makes any
edits
to my document, but when I open the document the next day, my changes
appear
in blue - they seem to change colour each day. Does anyone have any
idea
why
this happens or how to stop this? I need to keep the changes set by
"Author"
as I also work with others on some documents + this is our system
setting.
Thank you.
--
bradsmih