Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WordAngel WordAngel is offline

Default picture and text side by side

That's the way to do it! And then if you still want to use a text box - to
get rid of the border, right-click on the text box and modify the properties
so that there is no line.

Word Angel Document Design Services
www.wordangel.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Try setting the wrapping on the picture as Square (instead of In Line with
Text), and then you will be able to insert text next to it.

"Kerry" wrote in message
I copied a picture onto a word document and want to have text to the left
of
it without textbox borders (which Icannot seem to delete). How do I get
the
field on the side of the picture active so that I can add text?