Jackie D

Default Header & Table problem

Hi

Can anyone help me with the following problem?
I created a header in Word 2000. Then beneath that I inserted a table with
several rows. I was merrily typing text into these rows when I discovered
that the table had been shunted on to page two, leaving page one with nothing
on it except the header.

When I double click on the header on page one, its dotted border is correct
i.e. about an inch deep. When I double click on the header on page two, the
header's dotted border takes up the entire page.
I don't have a clue how this happened or how to solve it. Can you help?
--

Many thanks
JD