Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default I need to know the strengths and weakness of MS Word for a pap

It seems as if today's youth don't want to think. If there's no template to
start with or no ready-made list of features, they are lost. What's to
become of their children if there's no one left to create new templates or
lists?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brian Mailman" wrote in message
JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:

The point Mike was trying to make was that you won't learn anything if we
tell you the answers to your homework. I doubt that your instructor
assigned this task so that you could post it in an MS newsgroup and pop
those responses into a paper. I suspect he/she wants you to actually use
the program and "evaluate throughly the software of MS Word".

I think it's part of the always-plugged-in-generation, what is being
called Generation M, for "multi-tasking."

Cell phone, text messaging, IM program, web search... all incredibly
efficient ways of gathering information.

The problem to my mind is that the gathering is being substituted for
critical analysis--when you can just ask any question at any time to
anybody and receive an answer, IMMEDIATELY, you cease stopping and
actually thinking whatever problem through for yourself because it takes
too much time.

B/