Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Line breaks in TOC

Instead of manually adding line breaks, specify some Spacing Before in the
Table of Figures paragraph style (used for the entries in a table of figures
or list of tables).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Csaba Gabor" wrote in message
How can I properly insert line breaks between manually
numbered chapters in my LOT (list of tables)?

Thanks to help from this group, I am successfully numbering
tables in Word 2003 / Win XP Pro by manually inserting, at
the beginning of each chapter the following two sequence fields:
{ SEQ Chapter \h } { SEQ Table \h \r 0 }

and then each table gets a little caption (on one line) like:
Table { SEQ Chapter \c \* MERGEFORMAT }-
{ SEQ Table \* ALPHABETIC }: my favorite table

If I want to have additional details that don't appear in the
LOT, then I insert a style separator followed by any further
text as discussed in:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...80228893dcddf/

And life is good with my LOT looking like:
{ TOC \h \z \c "Table" }

Only. Only as the number of tables has grown, currently at 35
tables in 6 chapters, I find that looking at the LOT would be
far nicer if there was a line break interspersed between, say,
chapters. And I found that I could manually do this by going
to the displayed LOT, placing the cursor, and hitting Enter at
the desired locations.

Trouble is, this will be obliterated next time I update the
entire table (and even if it wasn't, how should the table know
where I had intended my line breaks?). So my question is
whether there is a proper way to have line breaks between my
manually numbered chapters in the LOT?

Thanks for any tips,
Csaba Gabor from Vienna