Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rudi Setiaji Rudi Setiaji is offline

Default how do i create a table of contents in a separate file?

Here's the thing, I have several files of Chapter 1, 2, 3 and so on each in
separate files. And I need to create a Table of Contents in a separate file.
I have formatted all the files using Headings and all, and the TOC can be
created beautifully in the same file. But how do I create it in a separate
file? Or how to copy-paste the TOC (Not as picture / text only thus keeping
it's capability to be updated automatically)
Please help me. I have tried to ask to so many people and searched the web
for it but found no good answer. Thank's I really appreciate it.