Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson[_3_] Tom Ferguson[_3_] is offline

Default Word 2007 and earlier versions

What Gordon said. :-))

A couple of notes, If I may.

An alternative might be for your colleagues to install the file format
compatibility package for earlier Word versions. That would require some
discussion and agreement.

If you decide to install more parts of Office than just Word, be aware
that only one version of Outlook can be used. Be sure to do a custom
install and _not
_ install Outlook from the earlier Office version.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
This has to do with my efforts to convert from WP to Word 2007. I am
having almost as much frustration with compatibility between MSW 2007
documents and procedures compared to earlier versions of MSW (which
most of my associates have) as I was with MSW & WP. If that makes any
sense.

Am tempted to put an earlier version of Word on my system. Will the two
versions of Word co-exist on the same computer?

Thanks for any help
Jerry