Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default protection

To prevent people from resizing the table, specify fixed dimensions for the rows
and columns (before applying document protection).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ruth" wrote in message
Hi

I am working in Word 2003. I set up some tables, which I want to have some
of the columns protected and other not protected so people can enter
information in the blank unprotected columns

I set it up to do so by going into Tools-- Protected Document -- and under
exceptions highlighting the columns that they can type in and selected
everyone and putting a password on it.

2 problems:
1. It is extremely slow now-- and I think it may even freeze up some of our
computers.
2. When you hit "enter" in the unprotection columns, it adds a line making
the table larger.

Is there a way to make it so people can only type in certain columns,
without slowing the program down to a near stop?
Is there a way to allow them to type in the certain columns without changing
the shape & length of the table?

--
Thank-you!
Ruth