Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Cannot add icon to toolbar; could not drag the command

I can't imagine what the problem could be; I know I had no problem adding
it. You're definitely dragging from the commands list in Tools | Customize?

"Barbilu" wrote in message
I don't think so. This is my home computer. An attempt to update my

Nortons
screwed up my hard drive so much, it had to be reformatted. I use the
Letters & Labels feature a lot, so would like to have the icon on the

toolbar
again.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

What sort of 'reformatting' have you had done to your computer. Could it

be
a misguided IT department has disabled customization for some of your
toolbars?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Barbilu" wrote in message
It's Word 2003. I cannot add any icons to the toolbar following the
directions:

Tools/customize/commands/chose category Tools/chose command Envelopes

and
Labels. When I drage the icon, there is a box with an X.

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi

What version of Word do you have? Can you add any other buttons to

your
toolbar, or is it just the Envelope button that is the problem? Can

you
tell
us exactly what steps you are following?

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Barbilu" wrote in message
I had put the envelopes icon on the toolbar on my computer, but the
computer
had to be reformatted, and now I cannot add the envelopes icon to

the
toolbar. I followed the instructions, but the command cannot be

dragged
the toolbar. When I try, a box with an X appears.