Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Change Tool Options upon open of a document?

Hi ?B?QW5nZWxU?=,

I have an online form, which will be is used via our network by several folk.
My problem is that I have placed a few "hidden text" boxes for form entry
prompting which we do not want to print out.
All is good IF the user has already set his/her Tool Option to see hidden
text.
If not, well then .... obviously they haven't a clue of my little "helpers"
there for them.

So with all of that said.....How would I go about setting this Tool Option
automatically for folk who will open the document? Or am I totally off base
here and need to go a different route?

you'd need to have a macro in the document, named AutoOpen, that changes this
setting.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org