Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Directory mail merge

In message of Mon, 8 Sep 2008
18:03:01 in microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields, macropod
writes
Hi Walter,

The tabs are 'passed through' because they're in the field codes. You
can see them if you press Alt-F9 or if you select the field and press
Shift-F9. One setting I use that you might not be using, is found under
Tools|Options|Compatability: 'Don't expand character spaces on the line
ending Shift-Return'. That could affect the way the lines are output in
your document - you could also suppress this behaviour for a selected
line by inserting a tab after the last character on that line.

macropod,
That hits the spot! Can I suggest that you might use our conversation as
a catalyst to modify the instructions in "Catalogue Mailmerge
Tutorial.doc"? With such work, I try to re-create what the author has
done before moving on to my own work. As it happens, I have no current
need to do directory merges.

I suppose I should test your other examples and report any exceptions.
Give me a little time!
--
Walter Briscoe