Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Can I format header/footer in a doc so not faded?

No, this is not possible in a Word doc. As PeterMcC says, a PDF is the way
to go if you want the recipient to view the document as the equivalent of a
paper hard copy.

"Sarah Bob" wrote in message
Is there a way that I can format the header and footer in a document so
that
it does not appear faded out in normal view?

I need to send a doc as an attachment and want it to appear as it would
printed when viewed, but the header and footer are faded out unless you
click
into print preview.

Many thanks in advance.

Sarah