Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clairebear Clairebear is offline

Default Defaults to RTF format

I have tried this myself, both with my normal.dot and also the file I am
saving under another name (it is one of our office precedents as set as a
read only file if this makes any difference), all are set to .doc - yet when
I "save as" it defaults to .rtf
Any other ideas???

"Office Helper" wrote:

Try opening the Normal.dot file, then make the change you described and close
and reopen word. It usually stores those settings in that file.

"Amanda" wrote:

Why does Word 2002 default to RTF format? On one computer, even when I
change the default format (under tools\options\save tab), to Word .DOC files,
when I close down Word and reopen it, the setting has reverted back to .RTF
format.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Word, but this still occurs. Any ideas
what I should check please?

Thanks