Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sharonie2 Sharonie2 is offline

Default 'microsoft office access database engine cound not find the ob

Amazing - I did use Windows Easy Transfer from my old XP laptop and am using
Vista now!!!

I made a new Personal folder and in the email tab went to 'change folder'
and changed to the new one. I also discovered that I also had to go to the
'data files' tab and change the default to the new one I had created. My mail
merge worked like a dream!!!

Thanks so much for your help.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Did you by any chance use Windows Easy Transfer to move data from an older
PC to your current one?

I am told that in that case a corrupt Outlook Profile is created and you
have to create a new one (probably in Control Panel|Mail - it depends which
version of Windows you are using.

Another thing to try is the following:

Here's a resolution which has worked for me. I HOPE it helps in your
particular case.

Two steps:

1) Go to Tools / Email Accounts
a. Select "View or change existing directories or address
books", then Next.
b. There SHOULD be an "Outlook Address Book" type MAPI
directory there--but it's most likely missing.
If it's missing, click Add / Additional Address
Books / Outlook Address Book
c. Close and re-open Outlook.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Sharonie2" wrote in message
news
In in step 3 of mail merge wizard, I selected the folder I want to use
from
the 'select contacts' box. The 'microsoft office access database engine
cound
not find the object'. Its right there - how can I get it recognised? "Show
this folder as an email address book" is selected. I'm using office 2007.
also tried starting mail merge from outlook and got the same message.