Herb Tyson [MVP]

How did you set up the new page size? In Word's File - Page Setup - Paper
tab? When I do that, it works as expected. Can you give the exact steps
you're using so we can try to replicate? (Hard to solve a problem if it
doesn't occur for the solver.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Harvey" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 I set up a new page size of 5.5" wide X 8.7" long with
left
and right margins of 0.5" each. In the print preview the data is displayed
according to these dimensions.

When I go to print I get the following error message:
The margins are set outside the printable area of the page. Do you want to
continue?

If I choose Yes, it prints off the page to the right and the left margin
starts at approximatley 2.25" instead of 0.5". If I choose No it takes me
back to the document as expected.

I am printing across a LAN to a printer connected to another computer, not
network printer. I have no problem getting the correct page size/print
when I
use Wordperfect on this same computer and setup so I am assuming this is
something specific to Word rather than my computer setup.

I woould appreciate any help to correct this problem.