Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anup Tawde Anup Tawde is offline

Default Securing a Microsoft Word 2003 Document

Hi Saw,

Hopefully, you do not have any form field inserted in your word document
such as a textbox. If there is not form field, you can try following
suggestions:

- open your word document which you want to protect
- go to toolsprotect document (this will open side pane for "Protect
Document")
- click to check "Allow only this type of editing in the document"
- select "Filling in forms"
- click on "Yes, Start enforcing protection"
- you will get a window asking to type password
- type, retype password and save document

If you have form fields in your document, even then you can make it password
protected but it would be a bit complex procedure. So, for the time, try this
and please reply back

--
Regards,
Anup

"saw" wrote:

I am not sure if this is the correct group to post my question to.

I wrote a microsoft word document that needs to be distributed in a word
format. However, I want to protect my document so that no one can change
but myself.

Can this be done in MicroSoft Word? If so, How can I do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.