Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How to delete return address text in envelope template?

It's a bit difficult to say when you are using a template of indeterminate
source. You could see http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm and
you might download the envelope templates from my web site which don't have
that problem.

JWidman wrote:
I'm trying to delete the return address text that shows up in gray in
a text box on my envelope template. When I select the text and hit
delete or backspace, the text reappears as soon as I click outside
the text box. I can't delete the text box at all. The text also
prints, which is the problem, since I'm printing on an envelope where
the address is pre-printed. I am using Word 2007, which I think is
part of the issue as I don't recall ever having this problem in the
previous version of Word that I used. I also haven't found an answer
to the problem in online help.