Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Envelopes printing upside-down

It's true that Word sometimes seems to be infested with gremlins, especially
in the envelope orientation area. Sometimes you just have to force it it
obey, which is the subject of Graham Mayor's page at
http://www.gmayor.com/epson_envelope_orientation.htm (but the mayhem isn't
particularly limited to Epson printers).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Sometimes Word makes changes behind your back just to keep you on
your toes. At least that's what it's easy to think. In reality, often
a Word add-in will change settings irrelevant to its actual purpose.

"asitron" wrote in message
Well, it seems that would be a good solution, but I'm wondering why
it changed...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried rotating the envelope (inserting it 180 degrees
rotated from the way you're doing it now)?

You might also check in Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and

Labels
Envelope Options | Printing Options to see how Word thinks you're
inserting the envelope. It might be a simple matter of changing
this.

Interestingly, the feed position shown for labels in my version of
Word 2003 is not what I actually use (or that my printer requires),
but then I don't print envelopes from the Envelopes dialog, either.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"asitron" wrote in message
When I'm printing to an envelope, it always prints upside-down.
Other PCs I've tried work fine with this printer. Any ideas?